Thursday, November 6, 2008

Grandpa's Service

Monday we went out to sea to say a final farewell to my Grandpa and then had a reception back at my house. While I would prefer to have a gravesite to visit and cremation is not really a preference of mine the boatride was intimate and beautiful and the captain said a few nice verses before scattering his ashes. The reception was very nice - Joe made some wonderful pastas and people brought lots of yummy food. I got to play the slideshow I made a few times which made me both sad and happy - while I feel like I didn't have enough time with him I also feel so lucky that I have grown up so close to all of my grandparents and was able to establish a close relationship with my Grandpa that I will always cherish. While looking through old pictures for my slideshow I came across so many memories that I had forgotten about - it was a very theraputic activity for me and I was happy with the finished product - if anyone would like a copy of the slideshow please send me an email and I will get one in the mail to you.

One of the highlights of the reception was getting know my Uncle Steve and Aunt Diana and their kids - I am looking forward to spending more time with them in the near future. Abby also stole the show with her Itsy Bitsy Spider and If You're Happy And You Know It routines - if anything could cheer me up it is her adorable personality. Here are a few pictures from the day:










I shot a wedding the day before Grandpa passed that I am almost done editing so I will have a photography related post up in the next couple days :) Thank you everyone for your support and kind thoughts during this difficult time.

1 comment:

Avery James Photography said...

I loved your slide show...you did a great job :)

And I remember putting Avery's slideshow together as well...and I know how therapeutic it was for me....I consumed myself in it for days and just devoted all of that time to Avery. I imagine it was probably similar for you. :)