Sunday, October 26, 2008

Stanley Lloyd Crawford - my Grandpa


8/17/26 - 10/26/08

I never dreamed my first post would be about something like this but today I lost someone very important to me - my Grandpa Stan - my mom's father passed away unexpectedly in his sleep early this morning. Grandpa Stan has been an important part of my life since I was a little girl - he and my grandma have always lived just a few miles away from me so I have been fortunate to always have them part of my daily life. Grandpa stayed with my younger brother and I on Saturdays for years while my parents worked and he shuffled us to and from our soccer and softball games and other extracurricular activities - taking us to lunch and always giving us money to spend in the snack bar even though he knew our parents had already given us some. He has been at every birthday party, holiday and other important event in my life. As I have gotten older we have become even closer, often having lunch together during the week while he was at my house doing his laundry. He and my grandma come for dinner every Sunday and he and I would often sit and talk and he would tell the greatest stories about his "adventures" with my grandma during the week. My grandpa was a wonderful man - it took very little to make him happy and I'd like to think that the time I spent with him was one of the things he enjoyed. I can't believe I will never pull in the driveway again on a Sunday afternoon and see him sitting on the porch with his cigarette but I know that every moment with him will remain in my heart and he will be forever remembered and missed. I love you Grandpa <3

2 comments:

Avery James Photography said...

My deepest sympathies go out to you and your entire family. I know this has to be an extremely hard time and there is little that can comfort right now....but please let me know if there is anything I might be able to do to just help a little. :)

Crystal

Jennifer Harbourn said...

I am so sorry Kristen. I wish I had seen this earlier :( Grandparents are so special; it's very painful to lose them after all the joy they have brought to our lives. You seem to have some beautiful memories of him, and trust me, they will never fade :) I remember my grandma vividly, and find so much comfort in those private moments when my thoughts wander to her.